There are various resources of cosmetic ingredients, which are in general not given attention by a large number of consumers. There is an innovation of ideas for manufacturing cosmetic products. Some ingredients have been phased out due to harmfulness it can cause. Thus, deodorant ingredients nowadays are given consideration especially on their effects to humans. These deodorant ingredients help to prevent body odor as well as maintaining the health of the skin. There is a strong competition between companies to lead the table of best deodorants.
What is a deodorant?
A deodorant is a substance, which is directly applied to the skin to lessen the amount of body odor caused by some bacterial growth. Some of these deodorants are even scented to cover up the strong smell of body odors. While some have antiperspirant property which prevent your armpits from getting too sweaty.
Crystal deodorant is the best option for those who are seeking for natural and eco-friendly under arm deodorant. It is a very popular brand in the UK, North America & some Asian countries, too. It is made from mineral salt and emerged as a strong alternative to the conventional brands. This is a not a chemical product so you don’t have to worry about any harmful effects from it. It does not hurt human skin and is used in cosmetic as well as medicinal purposes. The underarm bacteria, which cause bad smell, can be easily removed by applying the Crystal deodorant.
Main Deodorant Ingredients
- Hops: This ingredient serves as a preservative to the product.
- Artificial Colors: This is only an option since some companies make their products colorful to stand out.
- Chlorohydrate or Aluminium Compounds: It controls the production of sweat by closing the sweat ducts.
- Essential Oils: These are usually derived from trees and have an anti-bacterial property.
- Mineral Salts: One example is the Aluminum salt, which covers up stinky body odor.
- Hazel: This also works as an anti-bacterial.
- Silica: Studies show that this can cause harmful effects to aquatic animal life and water sources. Not to mention that this is also a Carcinogen.
List of Deodorant Ingredients to Avoid
- Talc: Talc has been known to cause tumors on lungs and even ovaries especially on those with immune compromised health.
- Parabens: Studies show that this causes a disruption on the body’s Endocrine system.
- Propylene Glycol: This is a highly toxic chemical.
The most important advantage of deodorants is that it keeps you away from embarrassing situations brought about by stinky body odor. Considering that there are a lot of harmful chemicals nowadays, be careful with the deodorant that you choose. Always check for the deodorant ingredients before you buy one.